Rock Point School, a small independent boarding school, is looking for a Bookkeeper to join our supportive and flexible team. The Bookkeeper will manage bookkeeping and payroll for Rock Point School.
While some remote work may be possible, we envision the position as an active member of the administrative team. We expect the Bookkeeper to work primarily at Rock Point School in order to get to know the school, staff, and students. Social distance and mask protocols are currently in place throughout the school and campus due to COVID-19. The Bookkeeper will work closely with the Director of Finance (part time) and Office Manager (full time). The schedule is flexible but will need some overlap with the Director of Finance.
This is a 1/5th position, approximately 8 hours a week. The position is available January 6, 2021 with paid onboarding in December. The salary range for this position is $12,000-$15,000.
- Maintain the school’s books using QuickBooks Online
- Run twice monthly payroll using QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Perform monthly bank and asset account reconciliations
- Create monthly expense reports for management approval
- Support Rock Point School’s annual audit
- Support annual tax preparation including 1099s (990 Filing is not required)
- Accounting degree, certificate, or equivalent work experience
- CPA welcome but not required
- Expert at QuickBooks Online
- Experience with QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Familiarity with Google Drive
- Competent in Excel and Google Sheets, ability to write basic formulas
- Knowledge of nonprofit GAAP
- Experience with private school bookkeeping is a plus but not required
- Systems and process orientation; attention to detail
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
The Bookkeeper will use the following software:
QuickBooks Online and QBO Payroll, Google Drive, Gmail, Google Sheets, Excel, Google Docs, Word, and Divvy (credit card system). Occasional use of Salesforce (used for donor records) to pull donation reports and GoCo (HR Software) to agree employee records to payroll.
Rock Point School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic background, or national origin.
Contact Chris Howell with inquiries about the position: firstname.lastname@example.org | (802) 922-7346.
Address your cover letter to:
Rock Point School Director of Finance
Please attach a cover letter and resume as pdf files on the form on this page. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.