Rock Point School, a small independent residential high school, is looking for a year-round Office and Systems Manager to manage our front office, support students and staff, and work closely with the Head of School to ensure a successful annual appeal and other fundraising initiatives.
This person occupies a central position—both pragmatically and personally—in our community. The ideal candidate is a person who is passionate about supporting teenagers on their journey through high school and brings a joie de vive to our school’s community. Our next Office and Systems Manager is excited about fundraising, and is comfortable and effective with technology and our systems. Analogies such as switchboard, Grand Central Station, and corpus callosum apply. Many things go through the front office, and this position tracks them all. It’s important that this person is organized, detail-oriented, and can handle overlapping demands while creating a welcoming environment for all by being flexible, positive, and engaging. This role works with everyone: students, families, staff, teachers, visitors, and dogs pass in and out of the office, seeking information, help with a project, or an encouraging word.
- Maintains office systems, including phone services, equipment, building maintenance and repairs, office and program supplies. Manages all student and school records and files (both physical and electronic); coordinates and creates progress and grade reports; sends out official transcripts; maintains other school records and information
- Provides program support for students and families, and creates and maintains personal student accounts; manages weekly student allowances and other expenses; coordinates student appointments off-campus; coordinates student travel plans.
- Manages annual appeal mailings and other fundraising efforts, with support from Head of School and internal development committee. Reports, processes, and transmits gifts and pledges with accuracy in a timely manner. Drafts and generates acknowledgement letters.
- Oversees all aspects of development and student data entry, and ensures records are accurately and regularly updated. Updates surveys, reports, forms, and other requests from related institutions.
- Collaborates with the Director of Finance on staff records and onboarding new staff, student accounts, tuition payments, donations, bank deposits, and support for the annual audit.
- Willingness and ability to work evening and weekend events as needed.
The ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree and at least one year of professional experience in an office or school setting, ideally in a non-profit environment.
- A gracious disposition with a customer service ethic, and a healthy sense of humor. The position requires the ability to interface professionally with students, families, staff, donors, guests, vendors, trustees, and the general public.
- An efficient, reliable team-player approach and a positive outlook, strong problem-solving skills, and a welcoming demeanor.
- Consistent follow-through and is detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects and demands.
- Experience with fundraising, database management, support, reporting, and training.
- Comfort and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Orbund, Salesforce, Google Docs, and Quickbooks.
- General knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and practices, and office functions and procedures.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance are required.
- An appreciation for Rock Point School’s educational mission and our students.
INCLUDE: medical, vision, & dental insurance, meals when working, five weeks of paid vacation set by the school calendar, and a balanced combination of independence and support, a livable wage, and a healthy work environment, including great colleagues. Starting in the second year, staff are also eligible for a retirement contribution by the school and long term disability insurance.
Rock Point School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic background, or national origin.
Address your cover letter to:
Rock Point School
1 Rock Point Rd
Burlington, VT 05408
Please attach a cover letter and resume as pdf files.