Explore and discover with Rock Point School this summer!
FULL SESSION: July 7-August 17, 2013
HALF SESSIONS: July 7-July 27 and July 28-August 17, 2013
Rock Point School summer session offers a chance for a fun, healthy summer and an interdisciplinary approach to learning, both in and out of the classroom. We invite students to explore the world around them with a naturalist’s lens. We especially enjoy the way Burlington, Vermont comes alive in the summertime!
The summer consists of outdoor adventures as well as classroom work that is inspired by nature, including reading, writing, research projects, and making art. We like to say that our summer session is a lot like our regular program, only with a somewhat smaller group and a somewhat more relaxed schedule. And, just as in our regular-year program, the summer session emphasizes the following:
- Wellness, healthy habits, and building confidence.
- The core study skills and executive functioning skills that are the foundation of success in school.
- Earning academic credits.
- Exploring Vermont’s outdoor offerings -camping, canoeing, hiking, and more!
- Pursuing your own interests, hobbies and curiosities, with guidance from an experienced and passionate staff.
- Being part of a close-knit, healthy community.
- Building relationships with caring, supportive adults.
Our summer session is an excellent way to get a taste of what Rock Point School is all about. Some students come just for the summer; others join us for the first time in the summer, and then stay for the regular year. And, of course, many of our regular-year students also join the summer group. It’s a great mix of new and familiar faces that quickly develops its own close-knit sense of community.
Ready to come to Rock Point School this summer? Check out our Summer Session Applicants page for what to do next.
See you in the summertime!